Saturday, May 18, 2013

May 18, 2013 – Day 47 – Berlin, Germany


May 18, 2013 – Day 47 – Berlin, Germany
I am writing to you from our cozy apartment in Berlin, Germany.  It is in an area that was once on the other side of the wall in East Berlin and is across the river from Treptower Park.  Our view is beautiful.  We can walk alongside the river from the back of our apartment.  We have learned how to take the bus and bring groceries back, walk to the park, go to the mall, use a German washing machine, and take the S-Bahn.  Bill got his haircut in the mall today.  That was a really good thing because he was beginning to look like Albert Einstein.  Shopping for groceries at the mall was quite interesting.  I went while Bill was getting his hair cut.  When I entered the store, I thought I had goofed because all I could see were clothing and furniture.  Then I saw the sign for Lebensmittel (groceries) pointing downward.  I already had some things in my cart and I was confused, but then I realized that people were riding down the escalator with their grocery carts. 

Berlin is a huge city with many interesting areas to see.  We will be here a month and hope to see them all.  With luck, I will catch up on our blog and show you all the interesting things I have neglected to tell you about: Paris, Amsterdam, Cologne, Salzburg.  And hopefully, I can continue with my thoughts about Europe.  Here are some pictures of our lovely apartment on the River Spree. 

Kitchen - Kuche

Living Room - Wohnzimmer

Bedroom - Schlafzimmer

View from the back of the Apartment

Even Double Sinks in the Bathroom

View of the River from Our Apartment


No comments:

Post a Comment